At Seven Stones We ...
- Celebrate differences and feature inclusive practices in all of our programming.
- Strive to foster student's self-responsibility, intrinsic learning and personal accountability.
- Have flexible groupings to support student's personal learning and levels of readiness. Groups are also adjusted based on student interest and content standards.
- Support balanced literacy (Daily 5) and constructivist math (Explore +4) environments.
- Offer direct EAL support services.
- Incorporate Aboriginal ways of knowing though our Elder in Residence program, holistic programming, Indigenous Studies program and Aboriginal second language instruction.
- Offer a unique K-8 Cultural Arts program combining Cree, Michif, Indigenous Studies, and the Arts strands into one holistic program with additional support time for individual and small group student talent and passion development in the arts and culture.
- Believe in the Circle of Courage philosophy and celebrate student's individual strengths.
- We are a Safe Space for all people including variances in gender identity, gender expression and sexual orientation.
- Seek opportunities for holistic learning and inquiry based practicies.
- Provide nutrition for learning though a universal snack program, nutrition programming, and school based lunch program. This programming is supported through grants from Breakfast for Learning and Breakfast Clubs of Canada.
- Offer a variety of extra-curricular opportunities for students including cultural experiences, music, drama, sports, student leadership and mentorship experiences.
- Are supported through a long-standing partnership with Evraz Place Regina.
Unique Offerings at Seven Stones
- We are 1 of 10 schools in Regina Public to offer Early Literacy Intervention support full time.
- We are 1 of 3 schools in Regina Public to offer the support of a Dream Broker to assist students in accessing cultural, arts and sports opportunities.
- We are the only school in Regina Public to offer a 0.8 behavioral support teacher.
- We are 1 of 3 schools in Regina Public to offer Indigenous Language instruction (Cree and Michif).
- We are 1 of 4 schools in Regina Public with a partnership with Breakfast Clubs of Canada.
- We are have one of the largest grants in Canada from Breakfast For Learning.
- We are 1 of 3 schools in Regina Public with a connection to Globe Theatre Outreach.
- We are 1 of 16 schools in Regina Public participating in ASKI, Help Me Tell My Story - an oral language development program for Pre K and Kindergarten.
- We are 1 of 11 schools participating in the Aski Holistic numeracy assessment
- We are 1 of 4 schools in Regina Public participating in Destination Imagination - an inquiry structure for grade 6 - 8.
- We are 1 of 2 schools in Regina Public with a fiddling program.
- We are 1 of 2 elementary schools in Regina Public with a Gay / Straight Alliance (GSA).
- We are 1 of 2 schools in Regina Public with a drum circle for senior boys and girls with an Elder.
- We are 1 of 3 schools in Regina Public participating in a Metis Cultural Exchange program.
- We are 1 of 4 schools in Regina Public participating in SuccessMaker - a literacy intervention tool.
WE ARE GREAT AND GETTING GREATER!!!!!